SHOWROOM OPENING TIMES
2018 Colour Trends and Fitted Furniture
If do nothing else next year, plan to marry your fitted bedroom or living room furniture with the 2018 colour trends. Simply and cost-effective to make changes to exterior doors, fitted furniture works in any room but how do you pull the complete look together.
What is it? A mix of navy blue, dashes of fuchsia pink with brown to stabilise and pull the colour scheme together.
How to create the perfect Affinity inspired space
Use this colour scheme anywhere in the home but make sure you use it in conjunction with natural and ambient light.
- Navy blue – if you are not brave enough to use it on walls throughout the entire room, add it to one feature wall keeping the remaining walls neutral with matte white.
- Fuchsia pink – rather than paint, add fuchsia accessories such as with soft furnishings and throws. Choose art work with vivid, vibrant streaks of fuchsia too.
- Brown – choose natural wood doors for your sliding wardrobes, using it to pull it all together. Works well in the bedroom and the living room too.
What is it? A heady combination of colours inspired by the digital world around us. Think blue and green, punctuated with orange or high definition yellow.
How to create the perfect Connectivity inspired space
Not just for the university student bedroom or lounge, this is a colour scheme that breathes vibrancy into any room.
- Blues and greens – they don’t have to dayglo but vibrant and fresh. We love the look of minty green walls with royal blue piercing the landscape. If you use blue on the walls, keep it light and fresh and the green accessories vibrant and bright.
Punctuate the room sparingly with orange or yellow accessories, or both if you dare. When it comes to your fitted furniture, if it is light beech in colour and finish, you are on to a winner. Or if you prefer, add reflection and light with mirrored doors or for a super-high-tech feel, opt for a bright, glossy finish on the doors.
What is it? Minimalism isn’t going anywhere in 2018 and for those that enjoy a less-than-strict colour scheme, then this is the ideal choice.
How to create the perfect Sincerity inspired space
Neutrals seamlessly spill over into barely-there greens and pinks, creating flow and harmony to a space. Ideal for the bedroom, it is a room that is not devoid of detail but rich in its simplicity.
- Neutrals – as well as choosing a neutral finish to your fitted wardrobes or furniture, use neutral but warm colours on the walls.
- Fresh green – choose light shades, using sparingly to create features and details on the walls. For example, use as a gloss paint on doors and frames.
- Pink – keep the ink light and sugary, and add sparingly such as pink roller blinds or light pink rugs and throws.
Fitted furniture can work with any colour scheme but which of these three predicted schemes for 2018 would you choose?