SHOWROOM OPENING TIMES
The Ultimate Teenagers Bedroom
With styles and fashion trends constantly changing, as well as likes and dislikes of the teenager themselves, creating a pleasant, stylish and functional teenager’s bedroom can be a tough one.
Follow these top 10 tips for creating the ultimate in teenager space;
- Bold colours – this doesn’t mean painting everything primary colours but being bold in your choice of colours within the rules of interior design. So, choose two bold but complimentary colours, and a third accent colour that you use sparingly for the off burst of colours.
- Go glam – teenage girls may be out of the ‘princess phase’ but if they still like sparkle and glamour, creating a bedroom with textures and softness is the perfect response. Keep it looking grown up and stylish with rugs and throws in pastel colours to match the soft coloured walls and furnishings.
- One statement piece – in some spaces, there is a need to draw the eye for it to have something to focus on. This can be a bespoke bed or a statement piece of furniture (hint - it doesn’t always have to be a feature wall)
- Plenty of shelving – no matter what kind of stylish dream space you are creating for a teenager, there are some necessities and for the teenager with little time or compunction to tidy things away, shelving is a must. And plenty of it.
- Geometric prints – a must-have for the coming seasons is geometric prints, especially in grey and white. If you don’t fancy hours of being goggle-eyed piecing together wallpaper, opt for geometric prints of bedding and cushions etc.
- Oversized wall art – every teenager wants to make a statement of some kind and wall art is one of doing this. From framed pieces of stick on wall art stickers, create a wall space that is the perfect background for oversized wall art or stickers.
- Simple and minimal – sometimes, fluffiness and clutter is not the order of the day so if you have a teenager who wants space and simplicity, there is no doubt the minimalist interior design is the perfect solution. Keep everything streamlined, with plenty of storage options.
- The black accent – black is often used in interior design to form a blank backdrop to let other items and colours stand out. A black floor, either carpeted or laminate is a great starting point for a brilliantly stylish teenager bedroom.
- Include work space – homework may not be their favourite past time but by creating a bespoke work station, it might just become a little more pleasurable. With bespoke solutions, awkward spaces can be transformed from dull to teenage perfection.
- Fitted wardrobes – teenagers can have a vast number of shoes and clothes. If your teenager is a label king or queen, then the time has come to help them keep these things in tip-top condition. Fitted wardrobes with sliding doors not only look stylish but offer the perfect storage solution too.
Contact Komandor Storage Solutions to discuss your requirements.