SHOWROOM OPENING TIMES
5 of the Best Wardrobe Storage Solutions
The wardrobe has to offer a range of storage solutions in order for it to be as useful and accessible as possible. But if you are struggling with what to include and what to leave out of your custom interior wardrobe design, let’s take a look at what the options are.
#1 Neat dividers
Drawer space is all well and good but if you are fed up with single socks losing their partner or your jewellery ending up in a tangle then consider the solution of drawer dividers.
From neat slots to fit in socks and other items, there are also divider pockets perfect for keeping jewellery, tie pins and cufflinks together.
#2 Basket drawers
When you want to get to something quickly, being able to see what is in the drawer is key. Neat, wire basket columns are ideal for all kinds of items. And because the wire framework and baskets are so well made, clothes don’t get caught and snagged.
#3 Hanging solutions
Full height hanging is wasted if you don’t need it thus, the first decision when it comes to hanging space is deciding if you need full or half-length.
The beauty of designing the interior of your wardrobe is that you can mix and match these options. Gain more hanging space by opting for half height rails, if this works for you.
There are other neat solutions when it comes to hanging rails in the wardrobe too:
- Fold out rail – this rail is when you pull it down in order to gain easier access to items. A perfect solution for a hanging rail above head height.
- Hanging rail organisers – these are semi-structure items that can be attached to a rail and offer a column of small cubes for storage. They can be used for smaller clothing items as well as shoes, sandals and slippers.
#4 Specific wardrobe storage solutions
The interior of the wardrobe needs to meet your needs and yet, so many of us are reluctant to create specific storage solutions because we think it limits the ability to change and move stuff around in the future.
But specific solutions are ideal in so many ways. Consider;
- Bespoke shoe racks for housing your collection of shoes, designer or otherwise
- Bag racks are also perfect for allowing your extensive bag collection to be accessible
- Glass shelving is reflective and minimal but perfect for housing everything from your perfume or aftershave collection – don’t forget the soft glow of lighting
- Tie rails are ideal for the busy businessman with a collection of ties and other neckwear
#5 Clothes maids
Some people like to be uber-organised, creating their outfit for the next day to save time in the morning when the pre-work and school routine can be hectic.
A clothes maid is probably something you associate with drying clothes but the more modern version of an upright one is ideal for inside your wardrobe or even on display in your bedroom. Hang your dress, shirt or suit on the top of the maid, with shoes and other items on the lower shelves.
What would be your ideal arrangement in your walk-in wardrobe?
Please contact Komandor Storage Solutions to discuss your requirements.